Dear Ward 2 Democrats,
Just a reminder that our committee will meet next Sunday, February 26, 5 p.m., at the home of Martina Jackson, 115 Lowell Avenue. The agenda is as follows:
- Treasurer's Report
- Contribution in memory of Joan Harrington
- Potential new Ward 2 members
- Additional Ward 2 officers: Co-Chair and Affirmative Action Officer
- The Resistance: Ongoing Political Activities
- Upcoming Events: NDCC meeting, caucus and training, platform committee, convention
- Newton Welcoming City update
- Designer Circus proposal
- Charter Commission discussion
This Tuesday, February 21, at 7:45 p.m. the City Council will take up the Newton Welcoming City ordinance. Supporters will gather on the City Hall steps at 6:45 p.m.
Massachusetts Together We Can will have buttons and sashes for supporters to wear (photo below) -- please see Martina Jackson at the rally! Emily Norton has bumper stickers available to show your support for an open, inclusive Newton (photo below). Please contact Emily (or let me know) to get one!