Dear Friends, and friends of friends,
- Millions of young adults legally remaining on their parents' health insurance policies until age 26;
- Tens of millions of Americans gaining new access to free preventive care;
- More than one hundred million Americans no longer faced with lifetime caps on health insurance coverage;
- No American can now be denied health insurance coverage for so-called "pre-existing" conditions such as cancer, diabetes, heart disease, or more;
- No more "job-lock" wherein Americans are forced to stay in unsuitable or dead-end jobs just to keep their health insurance benefits;
- Greatly expanded, legally required coverage for, among other things, mental health;
- Greatly expanded choices in obtaining insurance coverage most suitable to the individual and family, with expanded choices of insurers, co-pays, and deductibles;
- No more discrimination against women in policy premiums.
- Rapid decline in the months and years to come in the number of Americans who die simply because they lack health insurance, which estimates have ranged from 18,000 to 43,000 per year.